This year, starting April 12, 2011 I will be posting one picture a day for 365 days as a fun way to share my life with you.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 43 - Happy Faces

  Do you hate colds? I do. I was sick all weekend...I was pretty miserable. For me, being sick is a big deal. I never, I repeat NEVER, get sick. I can count the number of times I've gotten sick on my hands, so this weekend I was not very happy. But now, all is well...well, I am well...I mean...I'm better...not sick anymore...ah whatever. You get the point I'm sure. So...back to our lovely vacation.

  We stayed in South Dakota that night at a hotel. Before we found a hotel, however, we stopped at....da da da da: The Badlands National Park!!! Badlands are different types of rocks and soil that have been worn down by weather over time. The result of this is beautiful mini-mountains that are layers of different colors. When we stood on the observation area, all you could see were miles and miles of this beautiful terrain...and a few bison. It was breathtaking. We drove through the National Park, which is 30-some miles. We stopped to walk around in places where you could hike. We saw animals and animal tracks. We also stood on the tall hills and saw mountains in the distance. I will never forget it.
  When the sun was sinking down, it was casting shadows everywhere. Our favorite of all is the smiley face! This isn't that great of a picture, but there is a smiley face! That makes it the best picture ever!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You like?? Let me know what YOU think! Love to hear from you!